1. What are the differences between a.lot parking system and the others?
A.lot is an automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) parking lot system, that means a license plate is a key „ticket“ to enter/leave the parking lot which is an excellent substitute for the Radio-frequency identification cards (RFID), magnetic or bar code tickets, remote controls. The system automatically recognizes the vehicle number plate and processes this information for pre-programmed actions. It only takes a few seconds the system is time-saving, easy to control and ensure the parking lot safety.
Its cloud-based management and data analytics capabilities ensure profit maximisation for parking lot owners including remote booking and on-demand pricing capabilities.
2. I am a business user. Why should I choose a.lot parking system?
A.lot parking will drive up your sales, ensure easy and smooth management of your parking lot and guarantee the best touchless parking experience for your customers. It is effective, simple and safe. ANPR is a fast spreading technology to easily manage multiple parking lots, parking payment services, traffic management, ensuring site security and other solutions tailor-made for the needs of the customer.
3. Who can use a.lot parking system?
Depending on the type (private or public), a.lot parking system is the smartest decision for a business centers with a wide list of companies, public objects as airports, universities, hospitals, hotels, industrial, logistics areas or other public parking lots or a private buildings (e.g. private apartments, schools, gated communities) parking lots management.
4. How does a.lot public system work?
- Upon approaching a bar a licence plate is being registered and automatically listed in the database. The administrator can set up any restrictions to enter.
- The bar is lifted to enter ant parking time starts.
- The driver should perform the payment on location in accordance with the licence plate or use a pre-payment method before leaving the parking lot.
5. What kind of public parking payment method is possible with a.lot parking?
A.lot parking customer can pay via a.lot parking mobile app. The payment module can also be integrated in any system parking lot manager is currently using. It is also possible to use an automatic pay station with cash collection, change return and credit card service modules or via cell-phones. Pre-payment can be made via e-banking and other parking booking systems.
6. What are the differences between a.lot private and a.lot public license?
A.lot provides its software under a dual license model to meet the development and distribution needs of both business customers as well as open source projects.
For business customers, we offer a private license that allows ANPR system to be linked into closed-source, proprietary applications. Additionally, business customers have access to a number of exciting enhancements that improve license plate recognition performance and efficiency. Private license for private parking lots allow access only to the pre-registered users in the system database and the administrator enters the allowed vehicle number plates into the list beforehand.
For open-source projects, we offer a public license that allows entry for all vehicles which are not blacklisted, while exit is possible only upon certain service conditions, e.g. upon payment for the parking time.
Both private and public license can be a hybrid, too.
7. What features are included in the a.lot parking software?
- Real-time camera view.
- A list of entries and exists including a photo and additional information of every event.
- Remote lifting and lowering the barrier.
- Automatic report generation.
- Software interfaces to other systems: accounting, booking, etc.
- Different payment plans: tariff differentiation (day of week, time of day, parking duration, etc.), free of charge parking time, choice of payment methods.
- Online reservation system for customers with pre-payment.
- Customer information: e-mails, messages.
- Whitelist and blacklist features.
- User rights management system
8. How does a.lot system for private parking work?
- System administrator enters the allowed licence plates in a whitelist beforehand. Licence plate registration rights can be granted to other users as well.
- Upon approaching a bar the system automatically recognizes a licence plate and the bar is lifted to enter. Parking time starts.
- No RFID, magnetic or other tickets needed to enter or to leave the parking lot
A.lot system collects metadata (plate numbers, timestamps, etc.) that makes this information available for an administrator to browse,search or generate reports. It also sends e-mail alerts when identified plates match administrator alert configuration.
A.lot agent connects directly to IP camera(s) and processes the video to identify license plates. The images that contain plates are stored locally on the agent in a rolling buffer. The size of this buffer is configurable based on available disk storage space. While reviewing license plate metadata on a.lot system, browser requests image data directly from the agent.
9. What are the advantages of a.lot parking system?
- Increased revenue through powerful data analytics to measure pricing and management decisions.
- Top level security with all licence plates saved in the cloud-based management system. Private parking system guarantees that only the whitelisted licence plate owners enter the lot.
- Comfort for drivers: touchless parking lot entry and exit. No need to get out of the car, open the window, interact with parking management system or guards. It saves time, too.
- Extra income for parking: variety of payment plans (on-demand pricing), comfortable payment ways (mobile app, cash, credit cards, SMS, in advance by online banking).
- Easy system management and administration: remote control, simple user interface, automatic reports and invoice generation.
- Decreased management costs: parking lot operator can remotely manage and monitor multiple lots.
10. I am an owner of a building. Can I lease a parking place while it‘s empty?
Yes, while the parking place is empty (e.g. in business center at night), you can rent out free parking spaces and earn money. At the moment, A.lot parking aims to place these unused parking spaces on the biggest parking reservation providers in your area. This way, your free parking spaces will immediately appear on the most popular parking reservation platforms and inform their users that these spaces became available.
11. What are the differences between a.lot basic and premium license?
A.lot premium license offers more management options, a premium speed system server and network hardware, high-speed processing, priority tech support, 24/7 service. Premium is suited for a higher flow, more data processing and analysing, multiple parking lots management. A.lot basic is the best value basic choice for less data processing and thus the best option for private parking lots with less parking spaces and single entry/exit points.
12. What cameras work best with a.lot parking software? Once I enroll, what happens next?
In order to use a.lot parking system, we will reuse your existing hardware and just add cameras at the entry and/or exit points. Once the hardware installation is finished, we will observe the lot for two weeks in order to ensure that everything runs as smoothly as expected. Then we will train your system administrator and introduce a.lot parking software management capabilities. After that you will be able to easily manage your lot and have full reporting on your parking facility.
If you have questions, just give our support team a call or email [email protected] if you have more questions.
13. What countries do you support?
A.lot software includes trained data for North American style (12 inches by 6 inches) and European style (52 cm by 11 cm) plates. These styles work well for a number of countries that use similar plates but may not necessarily be in that region. For countries with plates that look significantly different, a.lot parking system can be trained to recognize them.
14. Can I embed a.lot parking system software into my proprietary application?
Yes, a.lot offers commercial licenses that you may purchase for this purpose. The a.lot library is directly compatible with C/C++, C#, Java, and Python code. Applications written in other languages can also integrate with the software via web service.
15. How am I billed?
A.lot parking systems offer a monthly subscription service based on your parking lot specification. A simple parking lot with one entry/exit point and cameras managing the entry with simple whitelist administration capabilities starts at 199 USD/month.
We also offer hardware installation leasing. Our hardware price will be determined by our expert who will evaluate your current equipment status and discuss what capabilities you want to use for your lot.
To get a quote please contact us at [email protected] or call (888) 884-9507.
16. Is my data secure?
We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your license plate data and personal data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We do not store your credit card information. Rather, we partner with a certified PCI Service Provider Level 1 merchant gateway. This is the most stringent level of credit card security certification available.
The license plate images are saved up to the period of time you prefer on a.lot parking system. These images can be shared within your network and do not need to be transferred over the internet to be displayed. The license plate data is stored on password-protected database systems that are kept isolated in a private network.
We also require you to enter a password to access your account information. Please do not disclose your account password to unauthorized people. Despite these measures, you should know that a.lot parking cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with license plate data and personal data and mistakes and security breaches may happen. If you have any questions or concerns about security, please contact us.
17. How can administrator control on-demand pricing for public parking?
The administrator can set up a minimal free-of-charge parking time, differentiate parking tariffs according to the time of the day, day of the week and other factors. A.lot parking data analytics can provide you with the best insights on on-demand pricing for your particular lot according to lot occupation statistics.